- 200 g Dried peeled lima or fava beans
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup White onion, roughly chopped
- 2 pcs Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 200 g Ripe Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 10 cups Hot water
- 5 pcs Spearmint sprigs, fresh
- To taste Salt
- 6 tbsp High quality olive oil
- 2 pcs Pasilla chile pepper, cut in strips, flash fried
- Check beans for stones and sticks, rinse beans well
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot and fry the beans, together with the onion and garlic, until lightly brown and garlic and onion translucent
- Add the tomatoes and fry over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is almost dry and concentrated
- Add water, tied up spearmint sprigs and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat until beans are cooked.
- Serve with olive oil, fried pasilla peppers and fresh spearmint